Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

We had a busy 4th of July.

Our ward, and the other ward that shares our building has a sunrise service every year at 7am. So, we were up bright and early to get ready. There were doughnuts, juice, and milk afterward.

After getting some breakfast, we all headed off to Riverdale (where I then found out that I forgot to charge my camera! (smacks forehead)), to settle in for the parade.

We had a lot of fun at the carnival at the park afterward, and stayed until lunch time. The food prices were all completely outrageous, so we headed home for lunch, and a nap for Libby. I also plugged in my camera!

After a good nap, we went to my parents house to have a bbq with my sister and her family. The kids enjoyed playing on the swingset.



And since, you can't have a good 4th of July celebration without ice cream, there were ice cream cones for all.




We had some time to kill before Riverdale's firework show, so we went home and lit some sparklers.




And then we ended the evening by heading to Rohmer Park, where we have a fabulous view of Riverdale's fireworks without the huge crowds to worry about on the way home.

1 comment:

SarahAnne said...

Your kids are so cute, Jayme! I love seeing how much they've grown. Glad you guys had a fun 4th!