Thursday, January 14, 2010

On to Crutches

I have been ready to move on to forearm crutches for a few weeks now, but we haven't been able to afford them. Along with our big medical expenses, we have also had to replace a toilet and a water heater, pay for Christmas, and we are getting ready to celebrate Johnathan's 9th birthday on Saturday.

So, last Friday I finally put my foot down. I feel like time is running out. So I told Corey to call it my early birthday present (yeah mine's coming up too). They were a whopping $100!!! I think what these medical supply places charge for stuff if ridiculous.

Anyway, I took my crutches with me to therapy on Monday and passed off walking with them, so I am now able to use them at home.

I think the big thing now will be to increase the amount of energy I have. I think that, in turn will help increase the amount of control I have in my legs and ankles.

No comments: