Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Start in 2010

I had a lot of resolutions go unrealized last year. Many were through no fault of my own, given my recent health issues. This year I've decided to keep my resolutions to only a few, and make them things that I think I can reasonably do in the condition I'm in right now. So here is what I have in mind for the next year:

1- Learn to love and care for the body I have been blessed with. I want to lose the weight I've put on the past 3 1/2 years, adopt better healthy upkeep habits, eat healthier food, and be as active as I can be.

2- I want to be walking unassisted by the end of the year. I'd love to add some distance in there, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. So, I'll start by saying I just want to be walking.

3- Become more versatile in my cooking. I want to make incorporating things such as dried beans, barley, freshly ground wheat, etc a habit. I am actually working on putting up a blog that documents my cooking efforts this year. I hope to have that up in the next couple days so watch for it.

4- Now that we have made tithing a habit, I've decided I want to add something else spiritual. So, this year, we will make Family Home Evening a habit.

5- Learn how to keep a clean, organized home as a disabled person (it's harder than you'd think -- if I didn't have my mom helping me, my house would look a lot worse than it does).

What do you have in mind for the next year?

No comments: