Saturday, April 11, 2009

Feeling Lazy Today

I was really looking forward to yesterday. It was one rare day where I didn't have to take Johnathan or Ethan to school, no one had a sign language class, a chess club meeting, or a scout meeting. We had plenty of food and other household goods in the house, and I'm ready for Easter where buying is concerned, so no need to go to the store. My poor house has been greatly ignored lately and it was really starting to show. So, I was looking forward to having a full day ahead of me where I could just focus on the house.

I worked really hard. I washed Ethan's sheets and made his bed from scratch, as well as made my bed and Libby's. Johnathan is responsible for his own bed, and he did that. I did four loads of laundry and got about 2/5 of it put away. I helped the boys with their room for a while. It didn't get finished because I needed to go make dinner, and they were supposed to work without me (yeah, that's a funny joke). I made dinner, a vegetable dip for today (Easter with the in-laws), and some Irish soda bread with raisins for breakfast this morning.

I went to bed late last night with the kitchen still a mess, but I was tired. I will go tackle that now so I can have it done before we head to Corey's parents house for an egg hunt and dinner.

But I was so tired from working so hard yesterday that I slept in until Libby came into my room at 8:30 asking very sweetly for a bowl of oatmeal with raisins. I got her going on breakfast and then reclined on my couch for almost 40 minutes. I wasn't completely unproductive, though, since I was reading my scriptures the entire time. Johnathan finally broke my laziness when he asked for breakfast. That's when I decided it was time to start moving and getting something done. :)

No comments: